Saturday, January 21, 2017

Merry Monday #231

Helllooo Friends!! I hope everyone is enjoying their day. I am preparing for my first Twenty One Pilots Concert tonight. It is a belated birthday gift for Charlotte's sixteenth birthday. I have not been to a concert in YEARS and this is probably not the band I would have chosen. However, I do like them and it will be fun to be with my husband and Charlotte.

Today I am popping in to showcase a card I created for the "Merry Monday Challenge #231."


The challenge was to create a card with a reindeer on it. I have many reindeer stamps but decided I would use one that I had from CC Designs. Isn't he cute? (it could be a girl but I think of this one as a he.)


The background was sent to me by Michele Ferguson in the Christmas Card she sent me. I had to use it on a card. I NEED to find this embossing folder because I adore it.


I layered a tag from My Minds Eye under the reindeer panel. I just received the "Merry" die by Sunny Studios and I HAD to use it on a card. I was eyeing a ton of fun cards with it over Christmas and bought it in one of my buying frenzies after the holiday. The "& bright" is an oldie but goodie from PaperTrey Ink's "Tremendous Treats" set.


It is hard to tell but the nose and the bell I layered with Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle and then covered in Glossy Accents. I also added some sparkle to the antlers.


I am entering this into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #8. She had an optional use colored pencils on kraft but I have already done this technique many times.


I am also joining Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge-Anything Goes.


I thank you for stopping today. Have a FABULOUS Saturday!!



Supplies:
Stamps-CC Designs, PaperTrey Ink "Tremendous Treats"
Dies-Sunny Sudio's "Merry," Lil' Inkers Designs
Paper-PaperTrey Ink "Pure Poppy," Bazzill "Licorice," Neenah Solar White, We R Memory Keepers White Out Collection "Christmas-Party"
Ink-Memento "Tuxedo Black," Hero Arts "Unicorn White"
Pens/Markers-Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Marker, Copic Markers, White Gel Pen
Other-My Minds Eye Comfort and Joy Tags, Glossy Accents, Foam Adhesive, Big Shot, Wagner Heat Gun, Ranger Fine White Embossing Powder

14 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card Nora! I love that cute little deer and I agree with you that the background E/B is lovely. Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge would welcome your card if you care to play along.
Enjoy the concert.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh THAT embossing folder!!!! You had me confused, but that isn't hard, Nora! That is from Richard Garay, and I bought mine at Hobby Lobby ... let me know if you can't find it!
I totally think this reindeer is a boy ... the girls have white on the underside of the tail!!! =] =] OH is he cute, and I love how you've colored him! xx
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I love this card!! The cute little reindeer and snippet of plaid look wonderful with the embossed pine from Michele!! Terrific card Nora!

KatheD said...

that is the most fabulous background, I want one of those folders, too ;) and your little reindeer is just the cutest, so nicely colored!

Neha said...

OMG! such a lovely card. Love the embossing and your coloring! Fab!

Marcia Hill said...

Your reindeer is adorable Nora and I really love that background too! Cute, cute card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday! :0)

Darnell said...

This is so darling, Nora! There is so, so much love to love on this card from that incredible e/f to the glossy accents on the tip of your sweet reindeer nose!! Thank you for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #8! I hope you had fun at the concert! Hugs, Darnell

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

The plaid tag peeking from under the cute stamped layer is so neat! Thanks for playing Merry Monday with us!

Kim S said...

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the concert!! LOVE your little reindeer. Such a wonderful wintery background and the hint of plaid is a great accent.

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you used Michele's embossed panel, Nora...Beautiful coloring on this darling little deer, and I really love that you added the plaid tag to your design! Really adorable Christmas card!

SannaS said...

oh this is adorable!!! such a lovely card!! =)

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is so sweet and what a great background. Thank you so much for joining us at HLS Christmas Challenge

Emma - Design Team

Linda said...

Gorgeous Christmas card .... the little reindeer is just too cute! Thanks for playing along with the HLS Christmas Challenge xx