Friday, May 27, 2016

CAS-ual Friday's Friend Card

Happy Friday everyone!! It is my turn on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog.

I created a card using mixture of old and new products for my card.


I started this card off by stamping the small flower from the "Pretty Posies" set in Hero Arts "Soft Pool" ink onto a white card base. I then misted Prima "Tea Stain" and "Gold Foil" onto the front of the card.


While the mist was drying, I die cut the word friend using CAS-ual Fridays"Friend" die out of gold glitter paper.


I set the word aside and stamped a sentiment onto vellum using the "Wallflower" set with "Golden Glitz" Delicata pigment ink and then heat embossed it using Ranger's Gold embossing powder.


I then dug through my stash of ready made embellishments and pulled out a tag from We R Memory Keepers and a flower from "Pretty Posies" that was a leftover from a different project.


With all my elements gathered, I was ready to assemble my card.


I took the white card base and adhered it to an A2 card base. I then adhered the tag over the embellished panel.


Next I adhered the vellum panel over the tag. I made sure to use the adhesive under the embossed letters as not to have any of it show through.


I then adhered the "friend" sentiment and used foam adhesive to give the colored flower some dimension. I thought the pool flowers needed a bit more so I glued sequins in the middle of them and then used some Nuvo Crystal Drops in "Caribbean Ocean" over some pieces of the flower.

This card was totally out of what I usually do and I had so much fun creating it. I rarely emboss vellum and using pre-made embellishments on cards is not easy for me. However, I really like how this came out.

I thank you for stopping by today. Have a fabulous weekend!!


Supplies:
Tag-We R Memory Keepers


8 comments:

~amy~ said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Diane Jaquay said...

Nora, this is beautiful!! I love the blue and gold together!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful design Nora! Love all the gold!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful!

Susanne Vargas said...

Sweet card!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful!

Becca Cruger said...

Brilliant and blue! This card has so many special, elegant elements! You knocked this design out of the park.

Taunya Butler said...

FABULOUS design on this card, my amazingly talented friend!! Love the design elements that you have thought of and used on this GORGEOUS card!! Kudos to you - this is wonderful!!